Wednesday, March 22

Extreme Makeover: Toddler Edition

So this morning we were doing our usual PBS/ email /coffee/cheerios-all-over-the-floor thing, when I heard a horrific crash, followed by an ear-splitting scream. I was relieved to discover that the scream was my own, and that no children seemed to be bleeding, despite the hugeness of the crash.

I leaped up off the couch to discover that the one year old had knocked over our tall torchiere-style floor lamp, shattering two of the three light-bulbs as well as the largest glass 'shade' at the very top of the lamp. (I'd take a picture of the thing so you could see what I'm talking about, only I just vacuumed most of it up.)

I must confess to being a mite peeved at the 1 year old for a few minutes for knocking the thing down. Until I remembered I was getting sick of the lamp anyway. And hey, we have new couches coming later this week (woohoo!) so why not go shopping for a new lamp or two while we're flinging money around with reckless abandon?

I'll keep ya posted.

6 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Blogger Sandra said...

LOL I almost spit my coffee at the keyboard when you mentioned being surprised that the scream was your own LOL

I've done that so many times. It just comes out with no warning and I usually get the weird looks from the kids. LOL

Glad no one was hurt. I'm still laughing that scream though, I can just picture everyone sitting around and you letting out this bloor curling scream LOL

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Heth said...

Oooh, make sure you post pics when you get all your new stuff.

So glad no one was hurt!

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Emily said...

omigosh! i'm so glad everyone's ok! that sounded scary. your new couches look so comfy!!

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Brianna Heldt said...

I'm liking the couches!

 
At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

baby to the redecorating rescue!

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger *Tanyetta* said...

YOU SAID:
PBS/ email /coffee/cheerios-all-over-the-floor thing

I SAY:
a woman after my own heart!

p.s. LOVED the part about your own scream! hilarious and oh so familiar!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home