Friday, March 3

I Need New Washclothes!

OK, if you are the type of person who cannot STAND to hear about other people's dreams, you'd better stop reading, because I had a really weird one last night that I am just itching to share.

I have to start by telling you I happen to have a little Angelina Jolie obsession. I shared a bit about that when I talked about Beyond Borders a few weeks ago. I also really enjoyed a Nightline interview with her, after which my hubby told me, "You and she would get along great!"

I can only assume that is why I dreamed about her last night. I dreamed she came over to my house and we were sitting in my living room chatting. I imagine we were talking about our kids, though the dream didn't get that specific. All seemed to be going well until I offered her a cookie, which apparently was not to her liking because she spat it out. (In real life I don't imagine she would do that, but I'm just tellin' ya my dream.)

Anyway, then she asked for a washcloth to wash her baby's face, and I went digging in my kitchen drawers and all I could find was pitifully ragged things that I was ashamed to hand to her . Sadly, that part of my dream is rooted in reality. Weird. I think I need to buy some better washclothes so I can have better dreams!

Go visit my adoption blog if you want to read more about Angelina Jolie and Me, cuz I talked about her there too!

7 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree about Angelina -- I think she's done things that are just really meaningful. I was also really touched by her performance in Girl Interrupted...it's an extremely intense film, but she portrays mental illness with such intensity and veracity that I think that must be something she feels strongly about as well. And her kids are just the cutest...I want a Maddox and a Zahara of my own, please :p.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger MrsDoF said...

My favorite washcloths are some I made. I found a huge cotton bedspread in a trash pile. (hey, it was right in plain sight on the curb in a well-to-do neighborhood)
I cut it into squares and zigzag stitched the edges with my sewing machine. Some I left just that way and others I crocheted a nice border. Had 'em for years.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger city dweller said...

Target has a 12-pack (i think) for like 4.99. i think thats a pretty good deal.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger At A Hen's Pace said...

My washcloths always SMELL awful before they look bad at all. We try to change them regularly...but anybody know how to get the SMELL out?

Not to hijack your comments, Owlhaven! Everybody keep talking to her but if you have a word for me, leave it here and I'll check tomorrow!!

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so funny. There are people who just hate hearing other people's dreams? Didn't know that, but if i ever post about one, i'll offer a similar warning at the top.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger tam said...

Ditto on the washcloths, why is that? Why are they so ragged? I did receive some really pretty retro dish towels in red and white for Christmas...no one is allowed to touch them!

Owlhaven,

I read through every page of your adoption with Emily last night (a very late night!) I could not drag my tired self away. I cannot wait to read the story of (sorry, her name slipped my mind) your second daughter from Ethiopia. It was touching, wonderful and I want to follow in your footsteps so badly. My husband is precisely where yours was prior to your first adoption. My prayers have been fervent for about 4 months now. Thank you for sharing such beautiful detail about your story.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger At A Hen's Pace said...

Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out!

Thank YOU too, Mary. Now I'd like to read your adoption stories too, some late night!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home