Tuesday, January 10

'Easy' Button

(Or Where Are Those Darned Elves Anyway?)

Was thinking about what I read over at The Big Yellow House today. For years when the house gets filthy my husband and I have looked at each other and said, tongue in cheek, "Where are those darned elves when you need them, anyway?" (You know, the ones in the fairy tale who work while you sleep).
Anyway I finally figured out we don't need elves-- we need an Easy Button. You've seen the commercial: a man is on a frantic hunt for something in his cluttered workplace-- they push the Easy Button, and order is instantly, painlessly restored.
My husband told me they actually sell Easy Buttons at Staples, only all they do when you push them is say, "That was easy." That would be the worst form of taunting in my book. I want the kind that actually works. What mom wouldn't?
Say (hypothetically speaking) that someone had a snarl of coats tossed in the entry way, tripping said hypothetical person up every time she walked by? (see, it's not just you, Chris!)
Or maybe a dozen or so loads of laundry artistically strewn across the laundry room?
Or how about an dripping 3 year old dashing to the bathroom seconds too late?
No problem-- just push that Easy Button and all is shiny-clean and worthy of "Home" magazine once more. Let's see...with 8 kids in the house....I should only have to push the thing every 4 minutes or so....

2 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Man, that would be GREAT! I have 1/2 as many kids as you, and I could still find several reasons to use it!

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Sherry said...

Wouldnt that be wonderful if such a thing existed. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home