Thursday, January 19

Heard From The Three Year Old

The three year old, in her best tattling voice, "Mo-om, he called me a skillet!" (teenager in the background, defending the 7 year old, "No, he didn't! He called the skillet a skillet!")


-------------------------------

While setting the table, "Mommy, is the table a boy or a girl?" She wasn't too satisfied with my answer that it was neither, because it wasn't alive. She also asked me recently if God was a boy and expressed disappointment with my answer. She really wanted God to be a girl!

3 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooh, I bet she'll grow out of that though. (unlike a lot of women!) And about the skillet? Wow. That's a word none of my kids know yet!

 
At 3:07 AM, Blogger B.E.C.K. said...

Yeah, the pronoun issue regarding God is...weird. I would've felt differently about God if the feminine pronoun (or something gender-neutral) had been used when I was growing up. Maybe your child is onto something.

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger LinZi said...

But God's not a boy.... or a girl, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home