Friday, January 27

Movie Review: Beyond Borders

I found this movie at the checkstand at Walmart for less than $5. Wasn't expecting much, but was curious about it because Angelia Jolie, a fellow Ethiopian adoptive mom, is in it. All I can say is wow. Not an easy movie to watch. But amazing. I want to talk about it more later. But if you happen to see "Beyond Borders" sitting in one of those big bins of movies at Walmart, and can afford to spend $5 on it, buy it. Buy it, watch it, and come back and talk to me about it. OK?

3 Comments:

At 12:33 AM, Blogger Katja said...

I have seen the movie maybe a year ago and while I think the topics inthe movie are important (the little boy, the scene in africa, the situation in Cambodia), I hated the Angelina/ Clive story (with her Kid and the affair). It ruined the film for me, it really did. I can strongly recommend Hotel Rwanda though.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Brianna Heldt said...

I've been wanting to see this movie for awhile, but it hasn't been in when we've tried to rent it. I am going to go to WalMart today and try to buy it! Thanks for the tip! :)

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger owlhaven said...

Hi Katja, Hubby and I just watched Hotel Rwanda last night, he for the first time and I for the second. I agree-- it is an amazing, inspiring movie. I can't believe we watched both those movies in one weekend though! We must be gluttons for punishment.
Mary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home