Tuesday, January 17

Turkey Cornbread Sandwiches

I like to buy turkeys when they are on good sales around the holidays. Then once a month or so during the winter, we have a nice turkey dinner for no reason at all. We did a turkey this weekend-- a 25 lb beast that gave me lots of leftovers. So today I was on the 'bakingsheet' blog, found Turkey Cornbread Sandwiches and decided to make this recipe for dinner tonight. For my big crew, I quadrupled the recipe. And we were short on cranberries so I opened a jar of jam instead. It was a big hit! I still have lots of turkey left, though. Any other turkey ideas?

2 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger B.E.C.K. said...

That sounds so good! Now are you going to make turkey a la king? That seems to be the route our leftover turkey always goes. I've liked it on toast ever since I was a kid -- maybe your young'uns will like it...?

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger MrsDoF said...

Leftover turkey becomes turkey tacos at our house.
I mix the meat with taco seasoning powder and lotsa peppers and onions, then stuff the tortilla shells with all the trimmings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home