Monday, February 13

Day Of The Dog

Faith or Fiction has declared this Blog About your Dog Day. Since I happen to have a good story and a great picture, I'm jumping in.





Mikki is a border collie/lab mix dog and is actually the second dog for our family. I picked her out one Christmas for my hubby, and didn't say a word about it til Christmas Eve. We loaded everyone into the car, went over to a lady's house, and picked up the teeniest little 5 week old fluff ball you have ever seen. She was just adorable. My hubby was shocked that I had actually bought him a Christmas puppy, but he was pleased too.

At that time our first dog was very old and I couldn't stand the thought of her dying without my husband having another dog already. He is definitely the dog person in our family. He was still sad when our old dog died, but I think it helped to have a hyper young maniac to train and pet and love.

And she is a maniac. A ball of energy. I guess we should have expected that from a border collie. She loves to run with the boys. She's learning not to jump up. But we are stil working on the licking thing. She is all tongue, as you can gues by the picture. But she is only two. So hopefully that will improve. She has a sweet personality and lets the cat sleep in the doghouse with her. (I know, weird cat.)



Anyone else wanna talk about their dog? Leave a link here and on Faith or Fiction's place since this idea originated with her.

4 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cutie! I'll be checking for your love essay tomorrow. Ooo la la!

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

What a thoughtful gift! My husband would not be so pleased with such a gift I'm afraid! I blogged about our dog also. Am sure enjoying your site!! Keep it up!!!

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

What a thoughtful gift! My husband would not be so pleased with such a gift I'm afraid! I blogged about our dog also. Am sure enjoying your site!! Keep it up!!!

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

What a great dog! Mine is lab collie, but a lot more lab then collie!

as momrn2 said, what a thoughtful gift!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home