Friday, February 24

A Meme From Jenna

Jenna tagged me for this meme. Please feel free to skip this if after reading my 100 yesterday you happen to be sick of hearing me talk about myself! (smile)

10 years ago….I had 4 kids ages 8 and under, including a 1 year old. I was working part-time as an RN delivering babies, and I was in my second year of homeschooling.

5 years ago…. I had 6 kids, including two 2 yr olds. I had been a stay at home mom for two years.

1 year ago….we had just started the adoption process for our 8th child. Four months later we had her home!

Yesterday…I had 4 kids under age 8 including a 1 year old, plus 3 teens and an 11 year old. I went with my oldest to get her senior pictures, posted my 100th blog, made a fabulous curry with chicken, sweet potatoes, and white potatoes for dinner, and afterwards watched the Olympics with my family...

Tomorrow…is Saturday, so no school and it's cartoon day too. Veg-out time.

5 snacks I enjoy:
Choco-Choco-Chip Cookies
Yogurt
sardines and taco chips(yes, together)
Potato Chips (I refuse to have them in the house, I like them so much!)
Strawberries

5 things I’d do with $100,000,000:
--Build a new bigger house with plenty of room to adopt a few more kids.
--Adopt a few more kids.
--Establish a foundation to help families who couldn't afford to adopt but would like to.
-- Travel the US for 6 months with all the kids
-- Volunteer in Ethiopia with my family, setting a foundation up that would provide long-term funding for new wells, better schools, teacher salaries, and school tuition for needy families.
--See more of the world and take my whole family along.
-- Invest for retirement and college/house down payments for our kids.
--Tithe

5 places I’d like to run away to visit for awhile:
-- Hawaii
-- Ethiopia
-- Korea
-- The ocean
-- the mountains


5 bad habits I have:
--Being too hard on myself
--Being impatient
--Waiting til the last minute to get ready to leave someplace
--Leaving my shoes all over the house
--Talking about myself too much (see, there I go again!)

5 things I like doing:
--Hang out with my family
--Go on a date with my hubby
--Go to the bookstore
--Read
--Blog


5 TV shows I like:
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
Grey's Anatomy
The news
Hmmm..... that's all the TV I watch



5 Movies I Like:
Rogers and Hammerstein Cinderella (with Brandi and Whitney)
Father of the Bride 2
You've Got Mail
The Sound Of Music
Meet Me In St. Louis

5 biggest joys at the moment:
God, always.
My husband, always.
My kids, always.
A warm sunny day.
The first crocus of spring, found in my yard this afternoon.

9 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the crocus picture!

But, sardines and taco chips? Dare I ask how you discovered THAT?

 
At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok then let's keep up talking about oursleves. I've just tagged you for another one! :)

 
At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing. The crocus is beautiful, and gives me hope even though spring is still a long time coming in NYC. Your dream foundation for Ethiopia sounds an awful lot like my dream foundation for Bangladesh....perhaps one day, they'll be sister organizations? God could do it....

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Shana said...

Yay for the crocus! I have spring fever today. It's a beautiful day in Idaho!

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger mommy to six J's said...

i think I will have to try that curriculum it sounds like a lot of fun.Have a great weekend.
Char

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Mama D said...

Fellow 'Grey's Anatomy' fan! Love that show. Couldn't believe that guy blew up. (I'm trying to trick other people into watching too!) I love hearing you talk about yourself, you are one of the most inspiring people that I don't really know.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Donnetta said...

I didn't know you were an RN. Delivering babies to boot. That is one area I would definately like to give a try... someday. I loved that rotation in my clinicals!

 
At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH! Your Crocus is so beautiful!!!!

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Fatcat said...

I also would adopt as many children as possible with 100,000. Other people may think we're crazy, but we understand each other, I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home