Wednesday, February 15

My Diamonds

For Valentines Day this year we re-did my engagement ring. The setting was worn, and over the years I'd lost two diamonds out of it. I've been wearing it with a diamond missing for months because we just hadn't gotten around to getting it fixed. So a week or so ago we brought the ring to a jeweler, talked over our options and decided to go with a whole new setting for my original diamonds. It was done just in time for Valentines Day.

I am not really a glitzy girl, but I'm almost embarrassed to admit how often I've been sneaking peeks at it. It is white gold, with three channel-set diamonds on either side of my solitaire. I love it. Oh, and this story would not be complete without a picture of the real diamonds in my life.


6 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Blogger At A Hen's Pace said...

What gorgeous diamonds! ALL OF 'EM!

I LOVE the new setting. No guilt--that ring is a symbol of so much more than status.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger B.E.C.K. said...

Aw, look at the grins! Priceless. (Nice ring, too!) :-)

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

I think your ring is pretty and perfect. Your kids are BEAUTIFUL!!! I love that photo of them!

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger MrsDoF said...

The picture of the kids is fantastic! All 8 look fine and natural, not posed . And the diamond ring is a symbol of married love, not how much money you have. What a great Valentine gift!

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Truth said...

I am so happy for you that you were able to redo your ring. I so understand. I received a new one for Christmas/anniversary and found myself doing the same thing. Each time I saw the sparkles in the light I was reminded of the loves of my life.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Pam said...

Beautiful! All of your Diamonds that is. You are blessed beyond the value of the diamonds on your finger. Yet, I like to look at my sparklies too. It reminds me of how I am cherished by my beloved.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home