Saturday, March 25

Extraordinary Claims

Just wanting to clarify to those who have noticed my new header-- 'extraordinary' can have two meanings, right? Because when I claim to be van-parker extraordinaire, I mean more like notorious, or 'will live in infamy forever'.

It all started when my dad was teaching me to drive. At my first attempt to pull into the driveway, I approached too fast, and clipped my dad's pickup with the car I was driving, knocked off his truck's rear view mirror. The car got a good scratch too. It continued when a year or so later I pulled my dad's van into the garage and broke THAT mirror off.

--I've improved some, but unfortunately I still park badly enough that people tuck notes under my windshield wipers at the grocery store stating, "Learn to park!!! It isn't hard!!!" in slashingly emotional handwriting. I console myself by thinking the note writers probably drive Subarus, not 15 passenger vans.

--BUT I also must confess that my garage door has a nasty divot in its center from my trailer hitch when I tried to back up with the door shut, and the sides of the garage door have mirror dings on both sides. I swear you can almost see my garage cringe and pull itself up and away when I turn on the motor.


So. Infamy. Yeah. Glad we got that cleared up.

10 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Anonymous rhonda said...

I just have to say, I think your new picture (the one of you) is EXTRAORDINARY! It looks great!

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Mega Mom said...

I hit my Mom's OFFICE BUILDING!!

My Dad never let me live it down. Until. He parked at same office building, except didn't put his "very special" car in park. Down the hill it rolled.

No more teasy me.

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger owlhaven said...

mega mom, you make me feel better!! hehe

Mary

 
At 8:05 PM, Anonymous chelle said...

hehe I am not the world's greatest parker either, I cannot image driving a van that size! I drive a compact car and have difficulties!

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger WendyWings said...

I can't park either so you are not alone :)

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Erin-erin-bo-berin said...

Bwah-ha-ha-ha! I'm with you on this one. My high school nickname was 'Crash'. I walked away from every accident except for one. Therein lies the story of my life!

Love the new pic!

 
At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Queen Beth said...

I think you are extraordinary Mary! Truly a title you are worthy to carry!!!

 
At 10:12 PM, Anonymous HolyMama! said...

too funny, Mary! I ran over a wheelbarrow just tonight!! (scratched the front of the car. ooops.)

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger Chaotic Mom said...

I LOVE the new header. Wish I knew how to manipulate my blogspot like you can yours.

Mega Mom, you did WHAT????? I feel better now, too. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home