Saturday, March 25

Extraordinary Claims

Just wanting to clarify to those who have noticed my new header-- 'extraordinary' can have two meanings, right? Because when I claim to be van-parker extraordinaire, I mean more like notorious, or 'will live in infamy forever'.

It all started when my dad was teaching me to drive. At my first attempt to pull into the driveway, I approached too fast, and clipped my dad's pickup with the car I was driving, knocked off his truck's rear view mirror. The car got a good scratch too. It continued when a year or so later I pulled my dad's van into the garage and broke THAT mirror off.

--I've improved some, but unfortunately I still park badly enough that people tuck notes under my windshield wipers at the grocery store stating, "Learn to park!!! It isn't hard!!!" in slashingly emotional handwriting. I console myself by thinking the note writers probably drive Subarus, not 15 passenger vans.

--BUT I also must confess that my garage door has a nasty divot in its center from my trailer hitch when I tried to back up with the door shut, and the sides of the garage door have mirror dings on both sides. I swear you can almost see my garage cringe and pull itself up and away when I turn on the motor.


So. Infamy. Yeah. Glad we got that cleared up.

8 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just have to say, I think your new picture (the one of you) is EXTRAORDINARY! It looks great!

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger owlhaven said...

mega mom, you make me feel better!! hehe

Mary

 
At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe I am not the world's greatest parker either, I cannot image driving a van that size! I drive a compact car and have difficulties!

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger WendyWings said...

I can't park either so you are not alone :)

 
At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are extraordinary Mary! Truly a title you are worthy to carry!!!

 
At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

too funny, Mary! I ran over a wheelbarrow just tonight!! (scratched the front of the car. ooops.)

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger Chaotic Mom said...

I LOVE the new header. Wish I knew how to manipulate my blogspot like you can yours.

Mega Mom, you did WHAT????? I feel better now, too. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home