Tuesday, March 21

Just Can't Escape The Pig

You won't believe what I made for supper. Split pea soup with-- yep-- ham. I could hardly believe it myself. But there is just too much of my German grandmother in me to waste that meat. I was glad to see that the soup finished off the last of the ham-- it was quite tasty too.

Then just when I thought I had escaped pig for awhile, after supper my 3 year old pulled out a puzzle, looked at this piece and said, "Why does that apple have a pig in it?" Maybe I'm not the only one who had too much ham this weekend.

8 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom used to make split pea with ham, I never tried it. Do you have a good recipe that you can share?

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Heth said...

She's right, the nose on that worm is very piggish. Conrgratulations on finishing off the meat. Veggies for the rest of the week?

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Truth said...

Gosh, reading about the ham, I think I'd have felt a bit "piggy" too. But, I do love Split Pea soup. That is my favorite.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Split Pea soup with ham didn't sound so bad until I read your previous post about all the meat you've eaten recently. BLah! Hope some other foods become options in the days to come. :-)

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Mary,
I'm from the land of "waste not, want not", and making do with what's on hand, too.

I remember my Mom eating the chicken back because that was about all that was left after 5 girls and Dad picked over the platter. Sometimes she wouldn't even take that, she would give up her portion to one of us or a guest.

I need to work on being that unselfish, myself.

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger Chaotic Mom said...

Oooh! I love meat, too. But after a few days like yours? I'd be thinking salads. Fruit salads, bean salads, pasta, anything w/o a lot of meat.

Cute little "piggie", though! ;)

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

So cute.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yummmmm, that's my very favorite thing to do with left-over ham. I probably would have made a ton of split pea soup and frozen most of it.

Congratulations on getting through all that meat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home