Wednesday, March 1

Large Family Wednesday

Joining Mom to the Screaming Masses Carmen and (I think) The Big Yellow House Chris doing Big Family Wednesday again. Today's topic is a photoessay on what life looks like with a houseful of kids.

First up, here's the half of our pantry that we fill with canned goods every summer and empty out over the winter. Last summer we had an extra-good garden and actually had canned goods on two shelves of the other side of the pantry too, so for March it's fuller than usual on this side. We'll eat it all by summer.




Here's the number of bananas we can eat in 3 days. And that's doling them out half-bananas at a time.


Here are our fridges and freezer, one inside and two out in the garage. Yep the freezers are all full. The fridge outside gets used most in summer for watermelon and cold drinks, etc. You may be able to spot small fingerprints all over everything.



Next we have our lego duplo collection that has been added to over many years.

Here is about 4 days of laundry, as well as the shelves of laundry baskets I have in my laundry room. Each roomful of people has a laundry basket, and we sort straight from the dryer into these baskets. This setup really makes laundry more manageable!



Here is our garage boot rack, and our front closet, both of which get straightened at least twice a day but which still manage to look like this quite often.




And here is our front yard when all the kids decided to get their bikes out at once the other day.
Oh, and I saved the best till last-- here's the gorgeous crew of kids that creates all that chaos! Aren't I blessed?

7 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger B.E.C.K. said...

What a lovely tribe you have there! :-)

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Baraka said...

What a gorgeous family!

Warmly,
baraka

 
At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the best blog post I've read in ages. I LOVE it. All the canned goods--oh, there's just something satisfying about a full pantry, isn't there? And your children are absolutely precious. And why, oh why, are you straightening your closet twice a day, my friend? Just give in. Just do it.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Bless you, bless you, bless you!!!
I thought I was busy... ha! When do you ever find time to do, well, anything? You are truly an AMAZING family!!

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger At A Hen's Pace said...

Beautiful family!!

We go through about three times that many bananas in three days though. It's one of the few things I let 'em help themselves to...since they're so cheap at ALDI!!! That, and apples and pretzels. And bread.

I'm dying for a boot rack like that...and I've given up on the closet. We just KEEP the coats on the floor!!!

 
At 5:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a beautiful family you have! And WE are so lucky that you are sharing them with us...

and did *I* think my laundry pile was high. (I won't complain again!)

S*

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger MrsDoF said...

Golly, I miss having a storeroom full of jars of home-canned goods.
When I was growing up, we always had grandma and aunts and cousins to help with the garden and canning and everybody worked together, then carried home all the goodies to our various houses, which were only a couple blocks away.
It Was Fun!
After I got married, I found myself trying to do canning all alone in a small apartment kitchen. Too much like Work!
I still make jelly, at least a batch a summer. No storebaught brand name stuff tastes quite the same.

Your Family Is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home