Wednesday, March 8

People Ask The Rudest Things..

Joining Chris and Carmen for Large Family Wednesday again. This week's topic is comments from strangers. With a clan this big and this diverse, I definitely get a lot of 'em. But in writing, I realized that the most shocking zingers are all adoption-related, so I decided to post this over on my other blog. And I have to add, as dumb as some of these questions are, my kids are worth any number of questions asked. I just wish people would THINK before they start grilling me!

6 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger eph2810 said...

You know, women like you impress me. To take on these kind of tasks it is amzaing to me :)

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger T said...

All I would think if I saw your family is "Bless You". Thank you for taking those babies because you love them.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Rachelle said...

Large families are awesome! Infertility and money issues will limit ours, but my aunt has 10 kids. I say, go large families!

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger kel said...

People can be so rude. I have gotten so many comments on my sons speacial needs that were so rude. If they are honest questions I usually try not to answer rude but if they are rude and especially if they say something in front of my kids I tend to be rude back.

 
At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC. Oh, I hope you really do respond that way, because the rude people seriously need some education.

I live in Oklahoma, as does a friend who has a child adopted from a foreign country. When nosy strangers ask "where is she from?" my friend looks at them as if they're a little crazy and says, "Oh, we're all from Oklahoma." And if they push and say, "No, I mean, where is from ORIGINALLY from," my friend answers, "Well, we're originally from Kansas, but we've been here a few years." I love it.

 
At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great post. i love how you support your kids' privacy with those answers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home