Monday, April 24

Get Real Monday

Randi of I have to say wants to know what we do to relax and re-energize. For me, writing is MY fun time. I write on two blogs at the moment, this one and my Ethiopia Adoption Blog. I also have 2 new writing gigs in the works that I'll be telling you more about, probably sometime in May.

I write early in the morning or late at night, usually while the baby is sleeping. But my recharge-time is rarely alone time. Here's a recent picture of me writing with both little girls sacked out on me. I don't always have two sleeping on me, but probably 80% of my writing is done with one kid sleeping on me.

I can type quite well one-handed, and I have a trackball mouse that is often resting on the sleeping baby as I click away. If she grows up to marry a computer techie who clicks away late into the night, it will probably suit her just fine, because I am almost sure that by now she finds the sound of a clicking keyboard to be sleep-inducing!

15 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

How cozy you all look! I used to do transcription and my desk was in my 3 yr old's room. He usually had to fall asleep listening to the clicking on and off of my transcription machine. I don't know if he now finds the sound comforting or not. (BTW, I'm curious about your projects!)

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Marie said...

That is awesome.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Randi said...

I love your picture! A portrait of a busy mom, for sure!

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger B.E.C.K. said...

So, so CUTE! :-) I love when they're that size -- perfect for sleeping on Mommy. My five-year-old still wants to do this sometimes, but he's getting pretty heavy!

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Susie said...

I often have a cat or grandchild on my lap. My 7 yr old is getting heavy to hold and reach around. (I don't type well one handed!)
ps your babies are precious

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

what a sweet photo...you DO look relaxed....well, not as much as the kids do..
:o)

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Kate said...

how cute! a very similar sight here!

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Really precious picture.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger At A Hen's Pace said...

Sweet, SWEET photo!!

 
At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary, I want to come live at your house!

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger Chastity said...

What a precious picture!

 
At 1:34 AM, Blogger deedee said...

Those girls look great, asleep in their mom's safe arms.

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

That is soooo cute!!

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Heather Plett said...

I LOVE that picture! It just seems like something you could frame and put on the wall with the word "SAFE" emblazoned beneath it.

My kids rarely fall asleep on my anymore and I miss that.

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Lala's world said...

what another beautiful picture!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home