Friday, April 14

Six Weird Things Meme

I've been tagged by Nettie at Singing a Verse of My Song for the 6 Wierd Things Meme. Soooo.... I'm thinking here.....wierd things about me:

1.) I get antsy if I'm not multi-tasking. At the moment, I'm watching the news, blogging, thinking about what I need to do tomorrow, and chatting with my hubby. When I'm on the phone I pace around the house cleaning. It is physically impossible for me to sit doing nothing.

2.) I hate the membranes on orange slices. When I eat an orange, I either peel each individual slice, or make sure I bite very cleanly through the entire slice, because I hate the feel of stringy membranes dragging through my teeth. I LOVE mandarin oranges-- no membrane.

3.) I broke both arms within 15 months of each other in 2001-02.

The first time I fell off a horse and broke my left humerus. The second break (my right wrist) happened when I tripped over a hose while walking backwards. Giving me great empathy for my son who broke his arm today.
4.) I like wierd snacks: sardines on taco chips; and dates stuffed with cream cheese. Both these loves developed when I was trying to boost my calcium intake and recover from my first broken arm, which was incredibly slow in healing (I ended up having surgery and getting a 7 inch long plate put in my arm. That fixed it.)

5.) I am horribly finicky about fried eggs. I cook them on low and flip them quickly. If they get ANY brown crispy stuff on them, I pick it off. However they have to be cooked enough to be all the way 'set'--I don't like them runny.

6.)And probably the strangest: whenever I visualize a year, I picture the 12 months of the year in a circle, positioned like the numbers on the face of the clock, except the months go COUNTER-clockwise, starting with January in the 5:00 position. No, I do not know why I think this way.

That was easier than I thought it would be-- guess I'm stranger than I realized. Now I get to tag 6 people:

Days to Come
An Imperfect Life
HolyMama!
Diane's Page
busybusymommy
Crazy Thoughts By Chelle
If any of you have already done this or are too busy, that's OK. And if anybody else would like to play too, leave a note in comments. Now I need to go back and tell Nettie I've done my 6!

11 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

As weird as I am, I surely can come up with 6 things, Mary. LOL ;)

Okay, I'll try, here goes. :)

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Lala's world said...

LOL I am so #1,2,3 (dislocated my elbow 2x)and #6...I thought I was the only one that did that??? cept for me Jan is in position 11 o'clock and I go counter clockwise too!!! TOO FUNNY!! does this mean I am wierd too???

 
At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol!
I was it already!!
http://soodz.com/blog/?p=520

I totally pace while on the phone too!

 
At 5:30 AM, Blogger Chaotic Mom said...

Wow, this meme sure has gotten around! ;)

OUCH on the arms!

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger kel said...

I did my six things.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger MrsDoF said...

The egg cooking is a bit weird. I usually make an omelette.

I did this one back in January.

Here's the link back in the Archives.

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Okay, Mary, my Weird Things meme is up on my blog. ;)

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Kt said...

#6 is ME TOO!! I thought I was the only one ever to think of it that way.

So did you ever think of number as having gender? (0, 1, 6, 7, 8, 9 are the "guys"; 2, 3, 4, 5 are the "girls")

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger GiBee said...

kay ... number 6? Weird. But funny!

 
At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that number 6 is weird, all right, but i've heard of it before! I think my sister does that, too!

 
At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, i'm doing mine now! thanks for the tag, mary!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home