Tuesday, May 30

Bring it on....


...we're ready for summer. We have a new pool! Our 3 year old pool had too many holes in it to resurrect, so we've been keeping an eye out for a good deal on one. Yesterday we found a 10 ft diameter by 30 inch high pool with a filter on sale for $40. These are usually $50-$60. I was thrilled. (I love a good deal!)


The little kids could hardly stand waiting til it was full to jump in. I love this picture at the left, of my 8 year old talking to the baby.

Once I let them at it, even though the water was icy they had a blast. Now all I need to do is stock up on popsicles.


Today I was thinking of fun things to do this summer and decided to try to have a different friend over for a pool day once each week all summer. Our first party to kick off the pool season will be with my sister and her 3 kids this Thursday. I've already got friends lined up for next Thursday too. Should be fun.

Bring on the heat!

12 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Oh yeah! The Owlhaven is now ready for summer. We used to do these fun blos-ups and they were so much fun. Now we have a cement pond. Somehow, it's just not the same.

Y'all stay cool!

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger Pfingston said...

I love summer and my kiddos love the water, like yours they don't care how cold it is. We have a very small blow-up pool. Our bath tub is bigger!

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

yea! for pools!!

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

From what I can see, you have beautiful children! Thanks for visiting my blog!

 
At 7:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love our pool too! You guys are gonna have a blast!!

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Randi said...

Enjoy! We have a pool and a weekly pool day too--my kids love it!

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Jody said...

oh! That is a good deal! Where did you find it?

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Avery said...

great deal, where???

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger amy said...

We have a pool like that in the garage--we used it for a few summers--and it was GREAT! We even had a hole in the top one summer, and it patched perfectly! Now that we have a neighborhood pool, I can't convince my husband to put it back up! ENJOY.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger owlhaven said...

Found it at Shopko on a Memorial Day sale.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Heather Smith said...

It's been so hot here the last several days that I really want to get a pool! Sounds like you're set for a summer of fun!

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Carrien Blue said...

I love that photo as well. It's a perfect moment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home