Monday, May 29

Holiday Mixup

I'm having an odd experience this morning. By reading the calendar and the paper, and the many inspiring blog posts all over, I know it is Memorial Day. However it is feeling more like Mother's Day here. Why?

Well, first of all, I slept in till 8:30. EIGHT thirty. Hubby finangled the litle girls out of our bed as soon as they woke up, and did not allow them to return to me. Ah, the bliss.

When I finally came out the the living room, yawning and rumpled, hubby had my coffee made (OK, that is a daily occurrence here, but it never fails to make me feel loved.) For the last hour the big kids have slept, the little kids have watched PBS, and I've been blissfully sipping coffee and visiting blogs.

At this moment, there is a clattering as kids set the table, and a sizzling in the kitchen as my hubby prepares a variety of breakfast concoctions that seem to involve eggs, potatoes, ham and cheese. He's just sent a child outside with a scissors to snip him some chives as the finishing touch on his gourmet effort.

So, you can see why, despite the calendar, it feels a bit like Mother's Day around here. I'm off to enjoy my family. Have a wonderful day, y'all!

16 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger Truth said...

Ah, what a blessing. Sometimes it seems all the posts in blogs are complaints and it is so nice to hear such sweet news. Thanks!

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ said...

How sweet. Have a wonderful Mother's/Memorial Day. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Nice to meet another HS mom! :)

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger deedee said...

What a sweet husband!

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger momsmusings said...

Wow, I knew mother's day could be everyday!! The rest of us (me) can dream.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

sounds like you had a day of gifts without wrapping paper and bows - the best kind. enjoy!

 
At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're very lucky today! Can I come over to eat those eggs? Happy Memorial!

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Gabriela said...

Sounds like the start to a wonderful day! Enjoy.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Spirit of Adoption said...

So SWEET! Sounds absolutely blissful! You described it all so well, made me feel like I was there for a moment! Hope you have a continual sweet and relaxing day!

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Thank you for coming by my blog and greeting me with such kindness!
What a happy spot you have here!
Mother's day was yesterday in France!

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Undercover Angel said...

Your family is so sweet! It sounds like you've had a wonderful day.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Emily said...

how sweet! hope the rest of your day was just as fabulous. :)

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that sounds so lovely! here it wasn't mother's day, but fairly nice anyway.

(and gypsy princess outfit? priceless.)

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Pam said...

Hope you had a great day, all day!! Sounds wonderful.

We had a blast romping at the beach today.

What fun to be with people who love you so dearly. I felt that way today, too.

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Karla said...

It's even better when it's a surprise isn't it? Hope your whole day was wnderful.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger tam said...

What a wonderful guy!

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger GiBee said...

Wow! Lucky, nay, BLESSED girl!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home