Monday, May 1

Invasion of the Invisible Bathroom-Wreckers

Our house has been invaded. It all started with a little imp named Marigo. (Roll your 'r' when you say the name, and you'll get the pronunciation right. Hispanic, maybe?)

Marigo first showed his presence in the bathroom where he spread liquid hand soap all over the mirror. I know he was the culprit because my 3 year old told me so. I informed my 3 year old that since she was acquainted with Marigo and I was not, she was in charge of cleaning up after him. Which she did, grinning.

The first day.

Her smile dimmed a little on the second day when Marigo repeated the very same trick. On the third day, when she was summoned into the bathroom yet again on behalf of Marigo, who this time had left a pee-puddle in front of the toilet, she declared that Marigo had run away.

This mess, she informed me, was Avi's responsibility. When I declared her responsible for the atrocious bathroom habits of Avi as well as Marigo, she looked disappointed but quietly cleaned up the mess.

This morning a cry again arose from the bathroom. A brother had narrowly missed stepping into a potty-puddle sock-footed. "Come clean up Avi's mess!" he said.

Apparently she had wearied of Avi even more quickly than Marigo. One look at the puddle and she said THIS was Sarah's doing. Since none of my children are named Sarah, once again the three year old found herself wearily wielding the rag on her friend's behalf.

I have high hopes that the lesson in responsibility may actually have 'taken'. Just now she declared that 'none friends' would be messing up the bathroom anymore.

Just in case, maybe I should get her a baby name book.

14 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Blogger 5KidMom said...

If a great imagination is really a sign of superior intelligence, as is sometimes said, your 3 year old is definitely a genius! She's even creative with the names she chooses for her "friends".

Too funny!

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Chaos-Jamie said...

I love it! So really you have not seven (eight?) chidren, you have twelve!

That means I have at least six. And I'm gonna make my three clean up after Idunno and notme and brodderdidit from now on. (Thank you family circus).

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger oshee said...

Very cute story. She has a great imagination. Maybe you could get her to draw pictures of these friends. Would be a wonderful momento.

 
At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is priceless! :-)

Kids!

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger kel said...

So cute. Our big thing around here right now is we go into our closets to another world. Almost every morning i hear about a new world...thanks to chronicles of Narnia.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger B.E.C.K. said...

Ah, what an imagination! Someday she'll be writing short stories and you can remind her about the characters she created when she was three. ;^)

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Addie said...

How funny! What a creative little girl you have there! My daughter's imaginary friend, 'Hithen', hung around for almost a year before I found out he was a rabbit. Guess I should have paid more attention to him! :D

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Islandsparrow said...

My son (now 25) had a friend named Coggie Ferbie - I don't know where he came up with that name!! They had quite a few adventures together but he never blamed Coggie for his MISadventures!! He missed a great opportunity! :)

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Lei said...

smart little girl... smart mama, too! ;)

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Heather Plett said...

Just a warning - you may not want to take her to the movie Curious George. My 4 year old got bright ideas about unrolling the whole toilet paper roll after that movie.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

Aww..imaginary friends...I guess you'd call them friends. Kids are pretty creative with the names. My imaginary friends stuck around a while; I believe their names were Chopsy and Dootsy.

 
At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that 3 yr old is sooo great! i love stories about her!

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger deedee said...

At least you don't have "Not Me" messing up your bathroom, he is know for sticking around a long time.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Kim C. said...

I loved this - hope you don't mind that I put it in this week's Carnival of Kid Comedy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home