Friday, May 5

Just Call me Juicemom

Ever since I had some of the best juice ever in Ethiopia (orange/carrot and mango), I've been wanting a juicer of my very own. I decided that having a kid on a liquid diet for 6 weeks was as good a reason as any to finally make the purchase. We found one today, and this afternoon the little kids and I gave it a whirl. It was so much fun!



My 14 year old, bless his dear self, did not even flinch at the lovely brown shade that is orange-carrot-lemon-chard juice, pronounced it very good, and I was delighted at this easy way to get some veggies down him. Unfortunately I am now almost out of carrots, and I must make a trip to the store before I can experiment further with my new toy. Just wait till our garden gets going this summer!

7 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Blogger ~Jennifer said...

Oh hey! You'll have to try my son's smoothie recipe.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Carrot and apples make a nice juice.

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger SuperMom said...

You poor thing! What a week! Hopefully things will slow down a bit now.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Emily said...

that's awesome! i'm totally jealous of your juicer!! your son is lucky; he'll get to sample all of your creations. :)

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Perri said...

Glad the surgery went well and was not as extensive as it could have been. He's been in my prayers.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Lala's world said...

oh I really want to get one of those one day!! I love fresh juices!

 
At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the photo: Mary in the throes of Gadget Joy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home