Tuesday, June 20

And the Golden Keyboard goes to....

I posted my Opinion Saturday question this week in reference this quote:

~If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.~

I'm a natural task assigner. So when I read the quote, I had the feeling it might hold an insight about parenting that I might miss if I'm not careful. But, like Avery (see all comments here) I was having a hard time finding a way to apply the thought in a practical way to parenting....

In your comments, you all shared dreams for your children which resonated deeply with me. But how to instill these values? Is it even possible? That is the practical application point I was missing-- until I read the comment from this week's winner. His answer cleared the haze in my brain, steered my thoughts in a more productive direction, and left me with a new understanding.

The winner? Pastor Mac. You may also enjoy visiting his wife's blog It's Always a Production to learn an bit more about his interesting family. Congrats, Pastor Mac, and thanks for your insight!

2 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Mary, I linked to you on my blog. I really liked this quote, but missed your Opinion Saturday. The discussion was really great as well!

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

See today's post on my blog for that link.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home