Friday, June 9

Blogging Questions

Carol over at She Lives posted some questions about blogging I thought I'd like to answer.

-----------------------

How do find the blogs you read regularly?

I've found some of my blogs by clicking on recommendations from others, or by clicking on the blogrolls of people I have a lot in common with. I also will occasionally randomly click on commenters in blogs that I enjoy, and go check them out. I almost always also visit the blogs of people who comment on mine. So comment, peeps! I'd love to come visit you!
------------------------

-- When you leave a comment, do you frequently return to that post to check for the author's response?

Sometimes, if the topic is extremely interesting to me. but mostly I don't remember to check... so if you have something that you want me to read for-sure, come comment on my blog, K?

--------------------------

-- What types of situations might cause you to stop reading a blog that you once enjoyed?

Sometimes if a person gets SUPER infrequent with their posting, or if EVERY single post is whining or cussing a blue streak. I can handle both in moderation, but not overdone...


-- How much personal privacy do you try to maintain when posting on your own blog? Everything that might identify you to a friend or neighbor? Only demographic data? Only children's information? Something else?

No full names, no exact birthdates, no location...but I don't mind if friends or neighbors happen across my blog.

-- What are your thoughts about encouraging offline friends to read your blog?

The more the merrier. I write assuming anyone in my life could happen across this.

-- What criteria do you look for in the blogs you enjoy reading? Or perhaps I should ask, what factors do your favorite blogs all have in common?

There is no one factor that 100% of my blogs share, though most are parents. But I especially love humor, exotic locations, humor, thoughtful outlooks, humor, and interesting points of view.


-- Are there any blogs you read on a regular basis in which the author frequently expresses beliefs or opinions that completely contradict your own?

Yup. More than a handful.


-- If you disagree with a blogger do you usually voice your perspective so they can see things from a different angle, or just ignore theirs and click away?

I am very interested in points of view that differ from my own. I like to figure things out, figure people out, and blogging often is very illuminating. Usually if it is major issue that I don't agree about and I sense that the person is very entrenched in their view, I just let it be. If they seem to be seeking or if it is just some minor like or dislike I will make a comment using humor or sharing my differing experience with the issue...

-- Do you read and/or post on Saturdays and Sundays? Or are you predominantly at M-F blogger?

I read/post 7 days a week. (Ah, the sacrilege..)

So, in summary, comment, comment, comment! I love to hear from you!

7 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

thanks for commenting on my son's birthday. Happy Birthday to your daughter!!! How did you find me? So excited to have a new reader!

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

Very good answers. I gree with pretty much everything you said. I love people who aren't exactly like me. I have a very diverse daily read as well. I'm glad you happened upon me, so that I can now be a reader of yours =o)

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions, Mary. I have a lot of respect for your viewpoints on...most everything, so I was excited to see you'd offered your thoughts here.

Blog on!

 
At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good answers. I am glad I found your blog. I have a transracial family as well.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Heth said...

I agree with all of your answers too. I love that blogging has opened up so many friendships that I never would have had. Good times.....

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Kit said...

Very useful to read your response on these questions. As a new blogger I still haven't worked out whether to mention my kids' names, though I see that lots of people do. I'm enjoying your blog, just about to put you on my favourites list if that's OK.

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger Frauke said...

I read your entry over at largerfamilies.com. It was a lovely read!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home