Tuesday, June 27

Cooked

Viewing this photo, you might logically assume I acquired this nasty burn while camping at the lake this weekend. No. The entire weekend I was a mature adult. Not only did I use cups and cups of sunscreen liberally on my many children, I also slathered sunscreen all over myself. Over the weekend I didn't even get pink.

No, this sunburn happened at home yesterday, as I spent 40 minutes in the pool with my little kids. Apparently I forgot that the sun here is just as potent as at the lake. Dumb, dum, dum, dumb. Grrr...

11 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger Barb said...

Ouch!

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Truth said...

Yikes! I'm dumb like that too. (sigh)

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Valarie said...

Ouch! I bet the mom on the box used sunscreen.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger B.E.C.K. said...

Owie! I've done that same thing.

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eek! That brings back painful memories of my own sunscreen slip-up. Speedy healing wishes coming your way.

LOL@ Valerie's allusion to the mom on the box...

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Avery said...

washboard abs...

google searches....

screwdrivers on the wedding day....

now scandolous photos of Mary showing skin......

What's next???

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Wow, that's gotta hurt!!

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger mamashine said...

Oh, Mary! Now I can return your advice about the aloe vera! Yuck!

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Spirit of Adoption said...

OUCH! I hate that : ( So, so, so sorry!!!! I'm one of the WORST about sunscreen....I always think I'll just tan like I used to when I was younger! Something changed....and I burn now : ( Hope you are still able to sleep at night!!!!

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Melodee said...

Ouch! I've done that myself!

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Mama D said...

Yowy!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home