Thursday, June 8

Owlhaven Tour, Part Three

OK, I confess, you're getting the sanitized version after all. I really truly had every intention of letting you tour my house just as it is, but I just.can't. And my husband agrees with me. When I told him about the house tour, the first thing he said was, "Don't take pictures of it messy!"

And really, you've all seen a messy kitchen (two or three times a day, right?) So just imagine this one with both sinks full of dishes, crumbs on the counter and floor, a random sock or two (why do boys shed socks everywhere like snakeskin?) and you'll see how it looks 75% of the time.



My two favorite things about my kitchen are my pantry (in the hall behind my stove) and my appliances. The appliances are almost new and were a gift from extended family. We have been continually amazed at the way God has provided for our needs since we've begun this adoption journey.

We're not rich people. Each time we have decided to adopt, there have been other needs in our life as well, other places where we could have spent the money. And each time, God has seen those needs and met them.

More than met them. We could have lived without a flat-top stove. But you know what? I've always wanted one, and seeing it every day is just a reminder of how much God cares even for the small details in our lives.

6 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it, Mary. Your home is so inviting--just like your blog!

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Brianna Heldt said...

So fun!

My parents have a flat-top stove, and one day I aspire to have one as well. :) They're just so easy to clean!

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Heth said...

Beauuuutiful kitchen Mary!

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Chaos-Jamie said...

Ah, the covetous nature comes out. Especially since I know that looks out into the family room. Some day I will have a great room. I will I say, I will!

I love that God is extravant!

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger GiBee said...

Oh, I love this post. God is so good ... And I love what I've seen of your house!

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Amen to this! He can do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home