Tuesday, June 6

Owlhaven Tour, Part Two

Here's our living room. When we built the house, we opted not to use up some of our precious square footage on formal living and dining areas which we knew we'd rarely use.
Instead we have a 'great room', with our living, dining, and kitchen areas are all joined to each other.

At the back right corner behind the TV cabinet, you can see a teeny bit of the front door. To the right of the front door beyond the edge of the picture is the stairway to the upstairs. When we first moved into this house, only the main level was finished. The upstairs was bare studs. Over several years my husband finished 2 bedrooms, a bathroom, and the family room upstairs. We have a lot of sweat equity in this place-- he still jokes about carrying all that sheetrock up those stairs!

The front left corner in the photo is the dining area. Back left is my computer corner, (right in the middle of the action!) At the front right corner of the photo, you can see the kitchen counter. You walk through the kitchen to go back to the bedrooms on the main level of the house. Tomorrow I'll show you my kitchen.

Share a link in comments if you're doing a tour of your house too.

7 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger Julie said...

what a fun idea to do a house tour - I'm enjoying!

 
At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's fun, Mary. I think I might do a house tour next week.

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Valarie said...

Those are some beautiful couches and I love your colors.

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger deedee said...

This is very fun, thanks for sharing. If I do it, I'll let you know. It'd be fun to show that a house in france is not much different from a house in the USA.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Heather Plett said...

Great idea! Your house looks lovely, and I envy your great room.

I gave a slightly different version of a home tour on my blog.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Brianna Heldt said...

Loving those couches!

 
At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't know why...but for some reason i cannot view the photos of your house. great idea though! i could see the garden ones...but not the others.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home